If you invest in dental insurance, the Thornton Dental Wellness team wants to help you maximize your coverage. Our Marietta dental office is happy to process and file dental insurance claims for the majority of PPO plans. We work with a number of popular benefit plans on a daily basis, so we know how to make the most of our patients’ benefits. If you have questions or want to schedule an appointment with our dedicated dental team, call our dental office today. We’ll be happy to answer your questions or schedule an appointment for you in our state-of-the-art, family-friendly dental office.
Dental Benefit Plans
If the very thought of your dental insurance policy gives you a headache, you’re not alone. Dental benefit plans can be baffling to many patients, but our dentistry team is here to help you better understand your dental insurance coverage. Every month, you’ll need to pay a premium to cover the dental insurance policy. Your dental insurance plan will set average fees for common dentistry services, and offer you coverage for a percentage of this average treatment cost. Most plans also have annual maximums that limit the total amount of coverage you’ll receive from a dental insurance plan. In most cases, your coverage will break down as follows:
- 80 to 100% of the fair price of preventive dentistry services are covered
- 50 to 80% of the fair price of restorative dentistry services are covered
- About 50% of the fair price of orthodontic services are covered
- Dental implants and cosmetic dentistry are not typically covered
In-Network Dental Insurance Coverage
In-network dental insurance providers agree to charge the fees your insurer considers to be fair and average. That means you’ll only need to pay for the out of pocket cost of treatment. Out of network dental insurance providers may charge fees higher than your insurer’s fair and average price, but you will need to cover the difference in the price as well as the out of pocket percentage of your treatment cost. Thornton Dental Wellness offers in-network benefit coverage for a number of plans. Click below to see a list of insurance plans that we are in-network with. If you do not see your plan, please give us a call and we will be glad to assist you. We accept most major insurnace plans and would be glad to verify your benefits.
In-Network Insurance List
- Advantica (Formerly Essex Dental Benefits)
- Ameritas (Reliance Standard Life Ins Co, First Reliance Standard Life Ins Co, The Standard Ins Co NY, First Ameritas Life, Security Life Insurance Company of America)
- Best Life and Health Insurance Co.
- Careington International Corporation & Careington Benefits Solutions (AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, Merchants Benefit Administration Inc)
- Dental Network of America (Dearborn National Life Insurance Company & Partners)
- Dental Select (Always Care Benefits, Kaiser Permanente Dental Choice, Beam Dental, TruAssure)
- Dominion National (Formerly Dominion Dental Services)
- Capital Blue Cross
- Kaiser Permanente
- EPIC Life Insurance Company
- Employee Benefit Management Services (EBMS)
- FCE Benefit Administrators, Inc.
- First Dental Health, Inc.
- Foundation for Medical Care (HealthEdge)
- Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
- GEHA Connection Dental Federal
- GEHA Connection Dental Plus
- Group Resources Incorporated
- Guardian Life Insurance Company of America
- The HealthCare Solutions Group, Inc.
- HealthComp, Inc.
- HealthPlex, Inc.
- Health Resources, Inc. (Dental Health Options)
- INETICO, Inc.
- Kansas City Life Insurance Company
- Lincoln Financial
- MetLife Insurance Company
- Mid-American Benefits, Inc.
- National Rural Electric Cooperative Association Group Benefits Program (NRECA)
- NovaNet Inc. (Alternative Ins Resources, Angus Dental & Vision Inc, Arm LTD, Benefit and Risk Management Services (BRMS), Boulder Admin Svcs, CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield, Chesterfield Resources, CoreSource, Cypress Benefit Admin, DD Services Inc, Direct Care Admin, Equian LLC, Group Benefits Services, HealthFirst, Med-Pay Inc, Northern Illinois Health Plan, Nova Healthcare Admin, Preferred Benefit Admin, The Benefit Group Inc, United Group Services, United Claims Solutions)
- Pequot Plus Health Benefits Services
- Preferred Health Professionals
- Principal Financial Group
- Renaissance (Mutual of Omaha)
- Shasta Administrative Services
- Solstice Benefits Inc.
- Sun Life Financial Inc.
- TransWestern Insurance Administrators
- TriStar Benefit Administrators (Formerly Am. Administrators)
- United Healthcare (Dental Benefit Providers Inc., Blue Shield of California)
- UltraBenefits Inc.
- United Concordia Inc. (Highmark Inc, Highmark West Virginia, Highmark Delaware, First Priority Life Insurance Company, HMO of Northeastern Pennsylvania Inc, First Priority Health, Highmark Choice Company, Highmark Select Resources Inc, Highmark Benefits)
- United Medical Resources, Inc. (UMR)
- WEB-TPA Employer Services, LLC
Maximizing Dental Insurance Benefits
By visiting our dental office twice a year for dental checkups, you can be sure to make the most of your dental insurance benefits. These treatments typically receive dental insurance coverage of 80 to 100%. When you keep your preventive dentistry appointments, not only do you receive the highest dental insurance coverage; you also reduce your risk for more advanced dental health concerns that receive lower coverage under most benefit plans. If you’re not already visiting our dental office every six months, call our Marietta dentistry team to get started today. We look forward to helping you achieve and maintain your healthiest smiles for a lifetime.